ActivMail - Version 220.127.116.11
What's New in ActivMail 2.0
There are lots of new and powerful features in this release, here's a summary.
Build 18.104.22.168 10/20/04
Build 22.214.171.124 9/28/04
- Improved SMTP handshaking
Build 126.96.36.199 5/20/04
- Added support for tokens in cf_mailheader value attribute
- Fixed syncronization bug for the queuelimit attribute - The queuelimit attribute throttles ActivMail to the speed of available mail servers
- Added Finalizer for Logs and SMTP connections - enhances fault protection
- failto attribute bug fix in cf custom tag
2.1.0 Release (5/17/04 build 188.8.131.52)
- FAILTO attribute - allows you to specify a email address that will be used as the Return Path for bounces.
- Character Set control - using the new TEXTCHARACTERSET, and HTMLCHARACTERSET you can now specify the characterset used for each message part.
- Text Encoding control - the new TEXTENCODING, and HTMLENCODING allow you to specify the encoding to be used for the respective message parts.
- Added support for authentication on mail servers that require a EHLO command in order to use authentication.
- Added line number debugging support to jar file.
- New ActivMail Lite version
Build 25 (184.108.40.206) 3/6/2003
- Unlimited Attachments - Now you can send mail with attachments, and highly customize how they are encoded.
- Custom Headers - add custom headers to email sent with ActivMail
- SMTP Authentication - Support for SMTP AUTH LOGIN, authenticate to your SMTP server with a username and password
- Multiple Server Ports - specify a different port for each server in your server list
- Embed Images in HTML Email - send images in your HTML email
- Send multiple alternative parts - send messages alternative message parts, such as text/x-aol (HTML for AOL 6.0 and below)
- Flexible encoding, and character sets - you can pick how you want your message encoded
- Attachments can use tokens - quoted-printable or 7bit encoded attachments can use tokens
- CF_MailAttachment tag - makes it easy to send attachments
- CF_MailHeader tag - makes it easy to use custom headers
- CF_MailParam tag - makes it easy to migrate existing CFMAIL code
- Fixed FROM exception TTL - exceptions thrown in the MAIL FROM SMTP state no longer enable TTL sending
Build 239 (220.127.116.11) - 10/07/2002
- SMTP Server Load Balancing - you can now specify multiple SMTP servers to distribute
the load across several SMTP servers. Provides a huge performance increase.
- Queries - now you can use ColdFusion queries to specify distribution list, and from address
- Tokens - use tokens to personalize messages, and subject lines using columns from a query.
- CF_MAIL wrapper tag - a CF Custom tag that acts very similar to the built in CFMAIL, eases the transition to ActivMail from existing applications.
- Improved Memory Management
- Queue Capping - to save server memory the message queue can be capped off until messages are sent.
- Verify SMTP Server Connection - will throw an error if it can't connect to SMTP server.
- Improved message fail over logic
- Performance Optimizations
- Additional Exception Logging
Build 241 (18.104.22.168) - 10/23/2002
- Increased Performance with multiple servers - when one server in the list of servers is down, it can slow down ActivMail's queuing, it now tries to reconnect to the server less often.
- Added Diagnostics - you can return diagnostics about the JVM and mail queue. Use the GETSTATUS attribute.
- Thread Life - added a thread life attribute to reduce the need to keep creating new threads every time CFX_ActivMail is invoked.
- Added Sleep Attribute - the sleep attribute can be used to slow down the message sending rate, some of our customers requested this.
- Added workaround for a bug in ColdFusion MX - added a workaround for a ColdFusion MX bug in com.allaire.cfx.Query.getColumnIndex, the CFMX bug prevented query mode from being used with a static from address. The bug has been reported to Macromedia. More info about the MX bug can be found here.
- Added documentation - for upgrading CFX_ActivMail from a previous version, added to install.html.
Copyright © CFDEV.COM 2004